Monday, July 03, 2006

Me

I'm also very glad we're both okay. I'm feeling a lot better now but that's not saying a whole heck of a lot because Saturday night/all of Sunday was about the worst 24 hours of my life. I've never felt worse than I did then. I don't even remember a whole lot of it except for random flashes of the inside of toilets/ambulances/doctors/hospitals and me praying/crying for myself to feel better. I guess my getting sick was God's way of answering the question that I posed to you all. And the answer was a resounding "stay with Pete." We'll find out today for sure if Pete and I have hepatitis, but either way, the biking is over for us. Thank you to everyone for your concern and prayers and for following us along our bumpy but amazing and interesting journey.
It was a heck of a run, eh?
-Alex

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z I am very proud of you and Pete!!The folks I have talked to said that whether you finished or not would not hamper their contributions ! LY Mom

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Z and Pete,
Glad to hear that you are both through the worst of things. What you two accompished was really amazing, and as you get into San Francisco you should be very proud of that. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete and Alex. from your old English teacher who is slow with computers, I finally found your site and I am sooo proud to know you two guys. What a journey you have had. Life itself is not nearly this tough. I tried to make a donation and something would not take it, so when you get home, come see me and I'll hand it to you. I'm all retired now so have plenty of time. You two were part of my favorite year of teaching, especially Pete's class with the whole front row full of really big tennis shoes that I tripped over and Pete's wonderful essay on the blessings of IBS. God shows His love through guys like you. Carole Midura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home